About Patrick Sprack Ltd.
We are an ever-expanding and diversifying HVAC company with a record and reputation for steady customer growth and satisfaction and a focus on the use of the latest technologies and mechanical diversity.
We are currently searching for a Senior Project Manager with mechanical and HVAC Knowledge and industrial experience. If you want to work in a fun environment with sharp teammates who embrace our core values, in a culture of mutual respect and continuous training and development, we look forward to hearing from you.
PSL provides a variety of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, petroleum, propane, and refrigeration services ranging from planned maintenance (both preventative and full coverage), inspections and diagnostic services as well as repairs, retrofits, and new installations for commercial and industrial mechanical systems.
We add value by providing knowledge based and innovative solutions. We are qualified in a number of related fields which allow us to provide a wider range of services and grant additional benefits. Our company places ourselves ahead of the competition by consistently delivering exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work
- Understands the labor requirements of the project; obtain labor rates and appropriate “add-ons” (e.g. labor burdens, small tools, insurances, and bonding) to be used in preliminary pricing of quantities
- Assists on Bid Day with the solicitation of subcontractors/suppliers and bid analysis
- Inputs project scope change estimates
- Prepares general & special conditions cost estimate
- Reviews bonding and insurance requirements under the direction of the Operations Manager
- Attends meetings, including pre-tender, bid strategy, pricing review and subcontractor scope review meetings
- Assists the Operations Manager, deliver proposal before specified closing time, and maintains confidentiality of subcontractor/supplier bid pricing
- Develop and determine all standards to perform inspection and tests on all procedures and oversee all testing methods and maintain high standards of quality for all processes
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Monitor an efficient system and record for all project activities and analyze all processes to ensure all work according to quality requirements
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Supervise effective implementation of all test and inspection schedule and ensure adherence to all procedures and coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes
- Analyze all products and non-conformance processes and evaluate all documents to ensure maintenance of optimal quality and prepare monthly reports to evaluate performance
- Manage all work methods and maintain knowledge on all quality assurance standards and monitor continuous application for all quality assurance processes and recommend corrective actions for all processes
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings;
- Develops and maintains relationships with key subcontractors and suppliers to ensure competitive pricing
- Interprets project drawings and specifications, analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation
- Addresses addendums, change orders, etc.
- Performs customer follow-up of proposals
- Develops familiarity with company’s Cost Control systems
- Periodically acts as Planner on scope projects, including directing all estimating efforts and interacting with key leadership throughout organization.
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge on change orders to existing projects
- Knowledge on estimating process and procedures
- Extensive Knowledge of the HVAC mining sector industry
- Recognizes safety as a top priority of the organization
- Microsoft project, Microsoft Office, Estimating Software
- Adheres to the Company’s Quality Management System
- Delivers professional customer service
- Adopts a teamwork approach and willingly supports coworkers
WE OFFER YOU!
- Full Time – Permanent Work
- Excellent Culture
- Continuous Training and Development
- Long Fulfilling Career
- Flexible and Creative Schedule
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
Work Location: In person
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position. If the license doesn’t apply to the position, please select “N/A.”