We are currently searching for an Overhead Door Technician. If you want to work in a fun environment with sharp teammates who embrace our core values, in a culture of mutual respect and continuous training and development, we look forward to hearing from you.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Promote a positive customer experience with a strong focus upon a qualitative service/product
- Technical sales by providing proper measurements, ordering supplies, and completing work orders.
- Installing dock seals and bumpers
- Testing treadle operating systems
- Cut holes in floors for door installation, packing lubricant into door closer chambers and winding large springs
- Operate lifts and winches and carry springs to the tops of doors and replace worn or broken parts, such as springs, openers, and brackets
- Remove or place defective doors or openers and install completely new door systems and openers
- Repairing machines and systems, equipment installation and operation monitoring to ensure that mechanical doors are installed and functioning properly
- Other duties as required
- Field work
- Working at Heights
- Cold weather conditions, hot weather conditions
- Confined space
- Overtime will be part of the position
- Participate in a rotational on- call will be required
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently
Qualifications & Experience
- May be required to work Underground
- Knowledge of repairing machines and systems, equipment installation and operation monitoring to ensure that mechanical doors are installed and functioning properly
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds regularly.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and welding techniques
- Keen analytical mind
- On-the-job training is necessary to gain knowledge of the machines and tools used indoor installation and replacement.
- Overhead door specialists can demonstrate their expertise through voluntary certification.
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position: