Reporting to the HVAC Operations Manager, the Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, will repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain mobile heavy-duty equipment used in construction, transportation, forestry, mining, oil and gas.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and determine extent of repair required.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems, using hand and power
- Assist with the maintenance, repair and service of smaller equipment when required – vehicles, generators,
- Ability to take apart and put together heavy equipment after being shipped to site.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Service attachments and working tools, such as blades, ploughs, winches, and/or side booms
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Diploma (GED)
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Off Road) Trade Certification
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Red Seal)
- Valid Driver’s License
- 4 years previous experience working on larger industrial heavy equipment used in the mining and/or construction industry.
- Field work
- Cold weather conditions, hot weather conditions
- Confined space
- Office work (sitting at desk/working on computer for long periods of time)
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Team player
- Collaborative skills
- Ability to work independently
- PPE and FR rated uniform
- Cell phone
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position: