Accountable to the General Manager, the purpose of this position is to manage, build, guide. inspect, service, maintain, repair, and install portable and fire suppression equipment and fire equipment department.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Accountable for all aspects of the daily operations of the Fire Suppression Department
- Will lead, instruct, and review the work of fire suppression technicians.
- Monitor’s inventory and initiates requests for supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Performs routine and complex maintenance and repairs on various fire suppression equipment and fire equipment
- Schedule and deal with all customer issues.
- Perform and complete service orders for inspections, installations, repairs, and product sales as scheduled in a time sensitive manner.
- Inspects and repairs wet and dry fire sprinklers.
- Install clamps, brackets, and hangers to support piping system and sprinkler and fire protection equipment, using hand and power tools
- Installs valves, alarms, and associated equipment
- On-call for emergency service calls/work
- Proficient in problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication; to customers, coworkers, and non-technical staff
- Responsible for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Conforms to safety standards as prescribed.
- Other duties as required
- Field work
- Cold weather conditions, hot weather conditions
- Confined space
- Office work (sitting at desk/working on computer for long periods of time)
- Experience in Fire Suppression Systems and Fire Equipment
- 5-10 years of management experience
- CFAA Registered Technician Designation
- Good writing skills
- Keen analytical mind
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Collaborative skills
- Ability to work independently
- Fire Suppression tools
- PPE and FR rated uniform
- Cell phone
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position: