We are currently searching for a Field Labourer. If you want to work in a fun environment with sharp teammates who embrace our core values, in a culture of mutual respect and continuous training and development, we look forward to hearing from you.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support, provide assistance and work efforts/initiatives In the Overhead Door Division
- Promote a positive customer experience with a strong focus upon a qualitative service/product
- Installing dock seals and bumpers
- Testing treadle operating systems
- Cut holes in floors for door installation, packing lubricant into door closer chambers and winding large springs
- Operate lifts and winches and carry springs to the tops of doors and replace worn or broken parts, such as springs, openers, and brackets
- Remove or place defective doors or openers and install completely new door systems and openers
- Repairing machines and systems, equipment installation and operation monitoring to ensure that mechanical doors are installed and functioning properly
- Operate various machines, operate measuring instruments – tape measure
- and power tools.
- Transport materials, finished products and equipment in field manually or using powered equipment
- Receive and follow directions from other personnel regarding field projects
- Keep work area(s) organized and clean
- Other related duties as required
Qualifications & Experience
- May be required to work Underground
- Knowledge of repairing machines and systems, equipment installation and operation monitoring to ensure that mechanical doors are installed and functioning properly
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds regularly.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and welding techniques an asset
- On-the-job training is necessary to gain knowledge of the machines and tools used indoor installation and replacement.
- Capable of completing assigned tasks from written or verbal instruction
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Field (outside elements)
- Fast-paced environment;
- Work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Tight deadlines;
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds
- Overtime required
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position: