Reporting to the HVAC Operations Manager, the Appliance Repair Technician will service, repair, maintain and install commercial food grade appliances/equipment and systems. The technician will have the ability to dismantle and reassemble appliances to make their diagnosis and/or to perform maintenance.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Installs, conducts technical diagnostics, and performs specialized repairs on a wide variety of commercial/industrial-grade food service appliances, equipment and systems including specialized industrial grade refrigeration and freezer units and compressors, dish machines, disposals, specialized gas ovens, grills, and other electrical, electronic, and mechanical devices.
- Repairing and maintaining HVAC appliance systems; utilizing a PM program on commercial-grade equipment; managing inventory of replacement parts, tools, and supplies.
- Conducts diagnostic testing of coils, valves and connections for leaks, pressure, and performance, flushes refrigerant and recharges refrigeration units.
- Maintains electrical and pneumatic controls, thermostats, heating elements, and plumbing and mechanical systems for commercial ovens, grills, and fryers
- Performs technical diagnostics and repairs to low-pressure steam boilers and related systems
- Repairs commercial grade electrical motors and fixtures
- Installs and connects piping for gas appliances; oversees and approves contractor work.
- Performing installation and repair of a variety of commercial and industrial-grade food-service appliances and equipment.
- Troubleshooting electrical, refrigeration, mechanical and plumbing problems.
- Ability to refer to schematic drawings or product manuals to trouble shoot, maintenance or install
- Installing gas piping for industrial cooking systems
- Other duties as required
- Field work
- Cold weather conditions, hot weather conditions
- Confined space
- Office work (sitting at desk/working on computer for long periods of time)
- Will consider someone with residential experience
- Successful completion of an accredited refrigeration technician program and/or HVAC an asset
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Collaborative skills
- Ability to work independently
- PPE and FR rated uniform
- Cell phone
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position: