Reporting to the President of PSL, the Overhead Door Manager, manages the install, repair, maintain residential and commercial mechanical doors. The Overhead Door Manager is responsible for coordinating, developing, supporting, and scheduling a team of overhead door service technicians. Other duties include creating and maintaining service records, acting as an Installation/Service contact for the organization and other general office duties as required.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Overhead Door Manage is responsible for all work and guidelines and create drawings for distribution systems, schedule and develop new clients on Overhead Door systems.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Equipment takeoff of all components necessary to complete each project
- Attends meetings, including pre-tender, bid strategy, pricing review and subcontractor scope review meetings
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks;
- Plan and schedule project timelines;
- Ensure resource availability and allocation;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Analyze all products and non-conformance processes and evaluate all documents to ensure maintenance of optimal quality and prepare monthly reports to evaluate performance;
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings;
- Develops and maintains relationships with key subcontractors and suppliers to ensure competitive pricing
- Addresses addendums, change orders, etc.
- Other Duties as required
Requires Knowledge & Awareness of Following Tasks
- Must have minimum 10 years of Overhead Door experience
- Must have minimum of supervision/management experience
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications
- He or she should be skilled in math and have the ability to predict the possible issues of the project.
- Must have good communication skills, must be able to read blueprints, electrical works, what materials are needed on the project and basic computer skills.
- Change orders to existing projects
- Office work (sitting at desk/working on computer for long periods of time)
- Field (Working outside, Weather)
- Overtime (at times it may be necessary for the Overhead Door Manager to work outside of the regular work day in order to complete their duties)
- Cellphone with camera
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position: